Paying for your holiday
You must pay a deposit of 30% when you book. The balance of your holiday price must be paid at least 4 weeks before your arrival either by BACS or Debit card. If you fail to pay in full 4 weeks before arrival your holiday will be cancelled and you will lose your deposit. If you book within 4 weeks of arriving this will be classed as a late booking and we must receive full payment by bankers draft or debit card before we can confirm your booking via email
We aim to ensure that the information provided by us is accurately conveyed on the Holiday Rentals and Lettings website and any other advertising web site used from time to time. All information contained on the website is based on information available at the time of publication. We reserve the right to change and correct any website information (including prices) before your booking is confirmed – the amended information will then form part of your contract with us. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the website and prices at the time of printing, regrettably errors do occasionally occur. You must ensure you check all details of your chosen accommodation (including the price) immediately before you seek confirmation of the same. There maybe small differences between the actual accommodation and its description. Occasionally, problems or circumstances mean that some facilities or services become unavailable or subject to restriction. We cannot accept responsibility for any changes or closures
Damage/Behavior and Security Deposit
When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party. You will be required to make a cash payment of a security deposit four weeks before you arrive via BACS. The cash amount will be shown on your confirmation or email receipt. We shall be entitled to deduct the cost of any damage or loss caused by you from your security deposit. If this is not sufficient to cover the cost of the damage or loss caused, all additional amounts due must be paid direct to us at the time. If you fail to do so, you will be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against you (together with our own and the other party’s full legal costs) as a result of your actions. Your deposit cash will be returned to you once we have checked for any damage. Normally within 48 hours of your departure.
- Do not move or alter the furniture without permission
- Do not leave the projector, sauna or and other equipment on when not in use
- Do not smoke inside or outside as it is a smoke free house
- Do not attach any electronic devices to the villa without permission as any damage caused will be charged
- If we cannot remove makeup or any other body products used from the towels or bedding we may charge for replacement items
- Please insure that the BBQ and ovens are cleaned after use as an extra cleaning fee may be charged
- Single sex parties: We reserve the right to refuse single sex parties.
A maximum of one bin bag of rubbish a day is accepted. If you generate more rubbish then one bag a day you would be expected to either take it to the local tip (directions are in the villa) or take it home with you. Excessive rubbish removal and sorting of recycling will be charged for up to a maximum of £25. The amount will be deducted from your security deposit
Swimming Pool The pool can become contaminated if guests staying do not follow strict guide lines. Whereas we do all we can to minimise this happening by using the best in pool chemicals to keep the water in the pool in top condition. Please insure that you and your guests do
NOT ENTER THE POOL OR PUT IN THE POOL
- Fake Tan
- Make up
- Detergents of any kind
Please do not book any tanning treatments if you want to use the pool
PLEASE SHOWER WITH YOU BATHING COSTUME ON BEFORE ENTERING THE POOL
If the pool does become contaminated because the above rules have not been followed and we cannot remedy the problem before the next guests arrive we will deduct money from your security deposit to cover any compensation we may need to pay out as well as time spent on rectifying the problem. (We will show you the condition of the pool when you arrive)
Accommodation and Occupancy
Arriving and vacating your accommodation:
Your accommodation will be available to use from 4pm unless otherwise stated. All accommodation must be vacated by 10am at the latest on the day of departure unless previously agreed. Your cooperation in complying with this condition would be greatly appreciated in order that the accommodation may be prepared for incoming guests. If arranged with us or the manager locally you may be able to allow you to vacate your accommodation later.
Occupancy: The accommodation provided must only be used by the person(s) shown on your booking form and sub-letting, sharing or assignment is prohibited. On no account may the number of people, including children, exceed the maximum occupancy stated on the website. This will be considered unacceptable behavior. Please note; children do count towards occupancy. If it is found that additional guests have stayed or entered the property that are not on the booking form or without permission the security deposit will not be refunded
If extra beds have been requested, they may be camp beds Blow ups or divans. Infants: If you need a cot or highchair, please order it when you book.
Swimming pools and beaches: Descriptions of pools are as accurate as possible, but the dimensions, where provided, are only approximate. Free-form pools are measured at their maximum width and length. Swimming pools are not heated unless otherwise stated on the website description and may be fresh water or sea water. Swimming pools that can be heated take time to warm up (2-3 days). The pool and all facilities in the house are dedicated to the guests staying at that time and is not shared in any way. Please keep children supervised at all times. You will be made aware of safety precautions regarding the pool on your arrival and will not accept responsibility if they are not followed
Where we advertise the distance to the nearest beach, please remember that beaches aren’t always sandy, but may be rocky or of local stone.
Satellite TV: Where available, satellite TVs usually feature basic channels only. We cannot be held responsible for satellite not functioning correctly due to a fault from the provider
Facilities: Please bear in mind that facilities at the villa may occasionally be unavailable due to maintenance, bad weather, public holidays, religious festivals or other reasons. Availability may also be limited at the beginning and end of the season. Lack of availability will not be a breach of contract on our part. Supplements may also be charged for the use of facilities not specifically included such as heating, air-conditioning, or use of a telephone line. Details will be supplied on request and a deposit may be required. It is your responsibility to ensure these charges are agreeable to you before use.
Because of the advance features in the house Crestron, Lutron home automation and swimming pool we may require access for maintenance at any time if required to do so in order to meet our contractual obligations
The type of cot provided will be a fold-up cots suitable for most infants up to 2 years old are widely used. Where advertised, tennis/table tennis courts are there to provide enjoyment and are suitable for a friendly ‘knock about’. Don’t expect them to be championship standard! We recommend that you take rackets and balls with you. Barbecues facilities are gas or charcoal and must be cleaned after use. There maybe an additional charge taken from your security deposit if the barbecue is not cleaned. We cannot be hold responsible for cleaning the BBQ after each departure
Pets: Pets may only stay in accommodation with our prior approval. An additional damage deposit may be required.
Villa maintenance: Please bear in mind that a villa is not the same as your own home and it is not always possible to arrange for someone to immediately repair or replace broken/damaged equipment and items, although we will of course do our utmost to ensure that the necessary work is carried out as quickly as possible to cause you minimum inconvenience.
Wildlife: Mosquitoes, ants and other insects are endemic in the warmer climates. Food should be covered to deter stray rodents and animals. You may hear dogs barking or in rural areas other animal noises. These sort of aggravations, together with late night noise, are unfortunately unavoidable. Should you experience this, we ask for your patience and understanding.
The house is situated on a main road, and you may experience associated noise. We cannot be held responsible for outside noise from road on train traffic. The house is located on the edge of a village in a semi-rural area and the nearest town is located 1.5 miles away
While we take great care and precaution in making the villa safe we advise strongly to the following points
- Please be aware of balconies and other steep drops protected by railings or other barriers which may encourage small children to climb or squeeze through.
- Please be aware of roof terraces often have low walls and stairs.
- Please be aware glass doors and windows and balconies, which may be difficult to see in bright sunlight or have no markings on. The villa incorporates a lot of glass in the structure so please make sure children take extra care
- Please be aware of marble floors, which may be slippery when feet are wet. Please be extra careful around the pool area and entrances
- Please be aware Un-gated swimming pools where rooms open directly onto pool areas.
- Please be aware of the steps at the top of the stairs
- Please be aware the gym and safety in using the equipment
- Please be aware the pool and the depth especially with young children
- Please be aware the glass staircase and mezzanine floor and balconies
- Please be aware of steps and low walls outside the property especially with young children
- Please be aware of the main road in front of the villa especially with young children
CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES
Our responsibility to you for your Booking
- We promise to use reasonable skill and care in the performance of our contractual obligations subject to and in accordance with these Booking Conditions. Our contractual obligations consist of using our reasonable skill and care in making your booking and arranging your accommodation we will use reasonable skill and care to ensure that your accommodation subject to and in accordance with our contract. Please note it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim.
- You will be shown round and the areas that require extra attention to safety and will be pointed out. It is also your responsibility to make sure that you ask if there is any unsafe areas in the villa that may need to be pointed out before your stay
3) We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which does not result from any failure to use reasonable skill and care as referred to above and also information provided in the brochure either online or by post. By way of example, this will include any claim which results from any of the following: –
- a) the fault of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or
b) the fault of a third party not connected with the provision of your accommodation which we could not have predicted or avoided or
c) an event or circumstance which we could not have predicted or avoided even after taking all reasonable care the fault of anyone who is not carrying out work for us (generally or in particular) at the time
In addition, we will not be responsible where you do not enjoy your holiday or suffer any problems because of a reason you did not tell us about when you booked your accommodation or where any problems you suffer did not result from any breach of our contract or other fault of ourselves or where any losses, expenses, costs or other sum you have suffered relate to any business.
3) You must take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property. No liability is accepted by us the accommodation provider in respect of damage to, or loss of, such personal property.
4) You must notify us of any complaint or claim in accordance with our complaints procedure Complaints Procedure
If you have a complaint concerning your accommodation, you must inform the management of the accommodation provider first and if you do not receive a satisfactory answer to your problem you may contact us. If you fail to reach an agreement with the management or us during your stay, you will certainly find it more difficult to negotiate an amicable solution once you have returned home. If you fail to resolve matters on the spot, you must write to us with full details within 35 days of the final day of your stay in the accommodation given your daytime and evening telephone numbers. As it is difficult and sometimes impossible to properly investigate a complaint if we are not told about it reasonably quickly, any compensation you may have been able to claim could be reduced or even lost altogether if you do not follow the complaints procedure set out in this clause.
If you or someone has an accident we must be informed straight away so we can log the accident and attend if need be
We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter which arises out of or in connection with your contract or accommodation will be dealt with under the Courts of England and Wales only. We both also agree that English Law will apply to your contract.
If you have to, or wish to, cancel your entire booking, the party leader must contact their insurance company for a refund as soon as possible. We are not liable for any cancellations. However at our sole discretion and if you do give at least 3 months notice and we are able to re-book the allocated dates you wish to cancel we will refund you the full deposit amount back to you minus £50 administration cost
Cancellation of individual’s guests from group bookings after the deposit has been paid will not be entitled to a refund or a reduced amount from the final balance due as provided in the confirmation letter
If any payment due in relation to your booking is not paid by the appropriate date, we are entitled to assume that you wish to cancel your booking. In this case we will be entitled to keep all deposits paid or due at that date. We normally send out a reminder to you before your booking is cancelled.
When you make your booking you take on the responsibility of paying for the entire duration of occupation of the property in full. So to protect you against unforeseen circumstances causing you to cancel, insurance providing protection against cancellation is obligatory. You must take out your own Personal Travel insurance and if requested, provide us with the written details of your insurer and policy number.
You’re Holiday Insurance
You are strongly recommended to take out adequate holiday insurance. It is your responsibility to check you have adequate insurance cover: The insurance should cover, amongst other things, the cost of cancellation by you as we do not give refunds once we have received deposit for the booking